Okay, story time, I’ve been trying to reduce my sugar intake and of course it’s not very easy, but I’m on day four, so that’s something (woohoo!) . The other night, I wanted to have something sweet and found my brother making date milkshake in the kitchen which consisted of dates and milk. That’s when I came up with a brilliant idea! “What was that?” you ask. Well, I was like, I have dates and milk, I also have unsweetened cocoa and some peanuts. BAM! That could make an amazing milkshake without all that crazy sugar.
Now, there are many different types of dates, but there is this one particular type called “Sukkary” which is distinctly sweet an has a soft flesh. Since these dates have no added sugar and are a good source of fiber, it makes the milkshake a healthier choice as compared to regular milkshakes. Oh and Ramadan is coming up, so you can have this for suhoor because it’s quite filling and you won’t feel sluggish afterwards. Oh and it’s also vegan!
- 3 cups of almond milk (Or regular whole milk)
- 10 dates
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- In a blender, grind the dates and peanuts with one cup of milk
- Next, add the remaining milk and cocoa powder. Blend.
- You’re done! Best served chilled.
- Oh and if you’re trying to be fancy, sprinkle some peanuts on top 🙂