Back at it again with another cookie recipe :p This time, it’s kinder! Do you know why I love baking cookies? It’s because they are quick and easy to make. The entire process takes literally 30 minutes or less. This particular cookie is a basic cookie dough topped with kinder, you can also mix the chocolate in the batter, but I prefer it on top, so that I get chocolate in every bite :p
You’ll begin with cutting the chocolate into pieces.
Next, you will mix the dry ingredients together (except sugar) in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. The two mixtures are later combined.
Normally you would refrigerate the dough before baking but, with this recipe it isn’t necessary unless the dough is too sticky or hard to work with.
- 6 kinder maxi
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- Cut the chocolate (kinder maxi) block by block
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar for about a minute.
- Next, add the egg, vanilla and milk. Beat the mixture for another 30 seconds or until well combined
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The dough will be pretty thick and hard to mix at this point, so you can use your hands to mix it. (if the dough is too sticky, refrigerate for half an hour)
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten the top. The cookies will slightly increase in size after baking.
- Place the kinder on top of the cookies and bake for 11-13 minutes. Do NOT over bake. They may seem like they are not done after 12-13 minutes, but they harden as they cool, so do not over bake.
- Once done, allow the cookies to cool completely. Left over cookies should be stored in an airtight container