I’m back with another mini cupcake recipe!
Someone recently placed an order, asking me to bake these for a baby shower and what did I say? What would I say, I said YES! It’s a good ol’ chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache for frosting.
This milk chocolate ganache adds the right amount of sweetness to the cupcake and the best part about this frosting is that you can play around with the consistency. For a thick ganache, you’ll add more chocolate and less heavy whipping cream. For a runny ganache, you will do the opposite. Start with half a cup of heavy whipping cream and allow your frosting to cool completely, if it’s too thick, you can always add more cream later (boiling the cream first).
Let’s move on to the recipe 😀
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil (any cooking oil works)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup black coffee
- 2 cups chocolate cut into small pieces (chocolate chips work just fine)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- edible sugar balls (optional)
- In a bowl, sift together the cocoa powder and flour
- Next, add the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and whisk until combined
- Then add the vanilla, milk and coffee.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk until combined
- Pour the batter into a baking tray lined with cupcake liners
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- For the frosting, put the chocolate in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil, remove from heat and add it to the chocolate.
- Mix this until all the chocolate has melted. Allow it cool.
- Once the cupcakes and frosting is completely cool, pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes and sprinkle with edible sugar balls.