I don't know why I waited this long to bake an egg less chocolate cake! Of all the cakes I've made, this one has been the most moist, moist-est (if you will) ;p You can have this cake on it's own or use it in other desserts such as trifles etc. This recipe can be used to make cupcakes as well.
The recipe calls for butter milk and regular milk, but if you have trouble finding buttermilk, you can use regular milk. So that would be 1 ¾ cup of whole milk instead of 1 cup of buttermilk and ¾ cup of milk. Also, the batter is slightly on the runny side, so don't worry about it being too runny, it all comes together after it's baked.
It's a very simple cake to make, so let's get straight to it 🙂
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup regular whole milk
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tblsp melted chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 350 F (180c)
- Seive the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in bowl. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix the oil, sugar, buttermilk, milk and vanilla until well combined
- Next, mix the wet ingredients with dry ingredients and whisk. (don't over mix)
- Pour the batter in a 7 inch baking tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center
- Allow the cake to cool completely before piping the white chocolate on it.