Guys, I have a question. What did the coconut say to the chocolate?
I coconut live without you.. Get it? Get it? 😂😂
Let’s move on from that amazing pun to something better- chocolate coconut muffins! This muffin is something I could eat every.single.day. Chocolate and coconut are two ingredients that compliment each other at a whole different level, coconut adds the right amount of sweetness and texture to this muffin. You can play around with the how much coconut you want to add to the batter, but I feel ½ cup works perfectly fine.
Let’s move on to the recipe, but before that, what did the chocolate say in reply to the coconut?
I’m cocoa for you.
Ohkaayyy, here’s the recipe 😝
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter (at room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup whole yoghurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- Preheat oven to 425F or 220C
- Using butter, grease your mini cupcake baking tray
- Seive together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside
- In another bowl, Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla. Whisk until combined
- Next, whisk in the yoghurt, milk, shredded coconut and chocolate chips
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.