Hi guys! Hope you’re all having a beautiful day!
You know what, tell me what’s up? How was your day? What did y’all do? I wana know 🙂
What did I do you ask? I baked some strawberry cupcakes!
About this recipe: It’s a vanilla cupcake with strawberries in it, topped with cream cheese and a little cheesy heart, because who doesn’t love that? Get it? Heart, love…Anyyyyhoooooo, let’s move on to the recipe!
For the cupcake
- 1 ¼ all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12-15 strawberries cut into small pieces
For the frosting
- 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C
- Line your baking tray with cupcake liners
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar
- Next, add the eggs, vanilla and milk. Whisk until well combined
- add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and add the strawberries on top
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle
- Allow to cool completely
- While the cupcakes are cooling, start making the frosting by whipping up the cream cheese for about 30 seconds
- Next, add the butter and whisk until well combined
- Then add a third of the sugar and whisk until well combined
- Repeat step 12 until you have used up all the sugar.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and pipe the frosting on to the cupcake