Guess who had super ripe bananas lying around and no one willing to eat them? My sister! That’s who. She literally forced me to make this banana bread and I’m glad she did because I can’t get enough of it!
It’s super simple, quick and you need just one bowl! Whaaaat!
Even though I call it banana bread, I didn’t have the pound cake baking tray, so I used a Wilton 6” round cake baking tray instead, hence banana bread “cake” :p
If you’re using a shallow tray, the cook time will reduce (say 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean).
I also have a banana bread brownie recipe, click here to check that out.
Now on to the recipe =)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F
- Grease a 6 inch round pan with butter
- In a bowl, mash the bananas until you can see no lumps
- Add melted butter, sugar and whisk well
- Next, add the egg and vanilla. Whisk until well combined
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to form a smooth batter
- Next, mix in the semi sweet chocolate chips and pecans
- Transfer the batter to baking tray and top with milk chocolate chips
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (on the middle rack) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center
- Let it cool completely before eating